I created this card for the Purple Onion Designs - A Charming Winter Giveaway:
This is my second card - if you would also like to see a sweet little snowmen couple, click here.
- create a background on watercolor paper using Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Broken China)
- spray pearlized water on and let it sit for a while, then soak up the excess with a paper towel
- stamp the large forest from Purple Onion Designs 2 Forests with Brilliance (Pearlescent Ivy) directly on the background panel using a stamp positioner
- create the snowbank by covering watercolor paper with Liquitex Glass Beads Gel and DIY Glitter embossing powder
- stamp the sentiment from Mama Elephant Jolly and Merry directly on the background panel with Versamark and heat-emboss with Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
- add the second part of the sentiment from the same stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black
- use the Liquitex Round Splatter Brush and Dylusions Ink Spray (White Linen) to add "snowflakes"
- stamp the cute little polar bear Icicle from Purple Onion Designs on Stonehenge paper (Pearl Grey) and color the image and the forest with Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor and Zest-it,
color the edges of the bear with a grey PITT Artist Pen
- add snow to the trees using Wink of Stella White Glitter
- adhere a wood veneer star covered with Zing! Metallic Teal embossing powder in place of the pompon of his cap
- use kraft cardstock as a base and stamp the Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain with Versafine Vintage Sepia on it
Here is a close-up:
I would like to take part in the following challenges:
Completely Christmas Challenge #35 - Anything goes ... with a Twist add a Sentiment
Jingle Belles Challenge - Not a Creature was stirring
Merry Monday Challenge #131 - Non-traditional Colors
Southern Girls Challenge - Getting Wordy on it
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #118 - Holiday
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon says ... get crafty and use Kraft
Thanks for stopping by.