this is my mixed media project for this week's Colour me ...! Challenge.
Each week we will have a creative colour challenge for you to get crafty and show us your best greeting cards, 3D projects, scrapbooking, digital or traditional paper crafts, costumes, etc. Only the colours we indicate may be used for your project. Neutrals such as black, grey, white, vanilla, skin colours and kraft are also welcome.
This week we are using Island Indigo, Rich Razzelberry, Tangelo Twist & Daffodil Delight ... have fun!
- cut a tag from watercolor paper and add tissue wrap (Idea-ology Melange and Terminology) in random spots using gel medium
- add Distress Paint (Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire) over a layer of gesso
- color Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste with the same paint colors and apply it through my brand new Tim Holtz Layering Stencil (Stars)
- cut out the silhouette from Julie Nutting Buff patterned paper and color the image with Derwent Inktense Pencils and a waterbrush; adhere it to the tag and shade with Stamper's Big Brush Pens
- add some texture stamping using Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink (Watering Can) and Flamingo-Art J-652
- for the next layer apply Distress Ink (Aged Mahogany) through a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil (Schoolhouse)
- ink up the edges with Distress Ink (Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain)
- create a sentiment strip with the help of an old typewriter and cut the strip apart; ink it with Distress Ink (Old Paper, Vintage Photo) and adhere the parts to the tag
- dye a wood veneer star with Distress Ink (Aged Mahogany) and add it to the hair
- add some doodles with the Fude Ball Pen (black)
- color a white ribbon in matching Distress Ink colors (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Feathers, Aged Mahogany) and tie a bow through the hole of the tag
Here is a close-up of the tag:
How about some inspiration from the rest of the Design Team?
I would like to take part in the following challenges:
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #8 - Something New for the New Year
Make Art Challenge #1 - Embossing Paste
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon says anything goes
Have a colorful day.