there is a Mini Release Blog Hop over on the STAMPlorations Blog and I got the chance to work with the fabulous new Lacy Edges and Borders die set.
If you are interested in the products I used or other STAMPlorations, ARTplorations or CUTplorations products, I have a special treat for you: use the discount code STAMPGIRLTANJA and get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies.
My first project is a Coffee Tag/Bookmark:
- cut out a tag from Gmund Beer Paper
- use one of the versatile CUTplorations Lacy Edges and Borders dies on both sides of the tag
- stamp the circle and two cute little coffee icons from the STAMPlorations Coffee Petites set with Versafine (Vintage Sepia)
- add the sentiment from the STAMPlorations All you need is Coffee set with that same brown ink
- mask off the coffee icons and the space around the circles and add an ombre background using Distress Inks (Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean) and a Mini Ink Blending Tool
- remove the masks and add some splatters with the Prima Marketing Metallic Accents
- color the images with Copic, Delta and Touch Twin Brush Markers
- ink up the edges of the tag and dye a piece of seam binding with Distress Ink (Ground Espresso)
- thread the seam binding through the hole of the tag to finish it
My second project is a vibrant Mixed Media Card:
- create a background on a piece of watercolor paper using watered-down Distress Re-Inkers (Picket Fence, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry)
- use one of the brand new CUTplorations Lacy Edges and Borders dies on the right side of the panel
- mix some DecoArt Media Crackle Paste with Distress Re-Inker (Wilted Violet) and apply it through on of the hearts of the ARTplorations Zen Hearts stencil
- let the crackle paste dry thoroughly
- ink up the edges of the panel and the raised areas with Distress Ink (Black Soot)
- cut out the CUTplorations Happy word die from black cardstock and cover the sentiment with Spectrum Noir Clear Glitter
- use a sticker for the second part of the sentiment and a label from the Dymo Label Maker for the third part
- stamp the script from the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Elements set with Delicata (Silvery Shimmer) for more texture
- add splatters with black gouache
- add a strip of silver glitter paper to the right side of the panel before adhering it to a cardbase
Don't forget to leave comments for there a prizes to be won:
1 winner of a $15 gift certificate and 1 winner of her choice of either the Lacy Edges or Winter & Spring Stitched Landscape dies.
Commenting closes on Tuesday, February 21st.
Winners will be announced on March 10th.