connected through our love for card making, blogging and being from Germany we (Cornelia from Stempel Spass and I) decided to create a monthly project within predefined requirements. We are going to show you the result every 3rd Sunday of the month and this is our 24th transatlantic get-together!
Our requirement for this meet-up was:
Pop-up Box Card
This time we have a special guest. I invited the wonderful Daria from Cherryfiona to share her creation with us. So make sure to visit her blog by clicking on this link.
I tried to create a mermaid-themed pop-up box card for my daughter's birthday:
- create a box card from patterned paper from the Lawn Fawn Winter Petite paper pad
- cut a scalloped border using one of the CUTplorations Lacy Edges and Borders dies
- cut out some waves from that same patterned paper and some teal cardstock with the help of the Taylored Expressions Rolling Waves dies - ink up the edges with Distress Ink (Salty Ocean)
- stamp images from the Lawn Fawn Mermaid for you set with Versafine (Onyx Black) and color the images with Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer, Artgrip Aquarelle Pencils and a damp watercolor brush
- add the sentiment right along the bottom of the card using the Lawn Fawn Scripty Sayings set and Versafine (Onyx Black)
- add little Paper Sweeties Cupcake Sprinkles sequins to the hair of the mermaids as final embellishment
Thanks for stopping by. We hope to see you again at the ...
I hope you got inspired.